UC Santa Cruz

Germaine123, I don't know much about the cohort size either. I looked at the past 2 years' results survery and couldn't gather much either. Seemed as though there were not may Gradcafe-ers who applied there :huh: ? Their deadline was so early; I am guessing we should be hearing something soon.

Edited by fedupofthewait

Hey guys! i have been admitted to phd in literature of UCSC. I dont know if the same program you are talking about. My interest is Latin American literature. A prof. called me last week and sent me the funding offer. Sorry if I have mistaken the program or something. My aim is to be helpful.

Hey guys! i have been admitted to phd in literature of UCSC. I dont know if the same program you are talking about. My interest is Latin American literature. A prof. called me last week and sent me the funding offer. Sorry if I have mistaken the program or something. My aim is to be helpful.

Congrats, Baccarat! I do think we're talking about the same program. Is Santa Cruz one of your top choices?

Congrats, Baccarat! I do think we're talking about the same program. Is Santa Cruz one of your top choices?

Thank you very much Germaine. Well, I did not apply to many programs, just 4 since I gotta move to the bay area. I like all of them. I will decide after the visiting day. Anyone else comming?

Thank you very much Germaine. Well, I did not apply to many programs, just 4 since I gotta move to the bay area. I like all of them. I will decide after the visiting day. Anyone else comming?

Oh, nice. The bay area is awesome. When is visiting day? If it's coming up soon, that may not bode well for those of us who haven't heard anything yet :( (myself included).

The visiting day is March the 5th. Maybe, I was told in advanced because I don´t live in the US. I have not received a formal letter from the Graduate Department but a professor called me and told me about my admission. Besides this, a secretary sent me a e mail about the visiting day and stuff. As I can not become a resident of the US during my PhD, I was offered an acelerated phd. I am telling you all this because you (Germaine) and the rest may have chances to be admitted in the regular program. I hope it will be like this if UCSC is one of your top choices. xoxo

The visiting day is March the 5th. Maybe, I was told in advanced because I don´t live in the US. I have not received a formal letter from the Graduate Department but a professor called me and told me about my admission. Besides this, a secretary sent me a e mail about the visiting day and stuff. As I can not become a resident of the US during my PhD, I was offered an acelerated phd. I am telling you all this because you (Germaine) and the rest may have chances to be admitted in the regular program. I hope it will be like this if UCSC is one of your top choices. xoxo

Thanks for the info, Baccarat! I'm still holding out some hope, but, March 5 is definitely right around the corner...I feel like they would have notified most of their admits by now...

Your "xoxo" totally made my day. Love it. Enjoy your visit!

There are 4 acceptances up on the board. I got an e-mail today from the DGS (regarding the status of decisions):

"I apologize for the delay in my response to your question.

Application decisions should go out via email from the UCSC Graduate Division sometime next week.

Best,

Emily"

If a visiting weekend is March 5th, they've definitely notified all their admits by now.

Assuming another rejection, then.

There are 4 acceptances up on the board. I got an e-mail today from the DGS (regarding the status of decisions):

"I apologize for the delay in my response to your question.

Application decisions should go out via email from the UCSC Graduate Division sometime next week.

Best,

Emily"

If a visiting weekend is March 5th, they've definitely notified all their admits by now.

Assuming another rejection, then.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, ekant. BAH!