Vanderbilt Interdisciplinary Grad Program Biomed

Leslie Johnson

Has anyone had an interview or been accepted to Vanderbilt's Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in the Biomedical Sciences? If so, when did you apply, what are your stats, and when did you get your interview/acceptance? I turned in my application January 6th and have not heard back yet, so I'm getting worried. My Quantitative GRE scores and my undergrad GPA kind of sucked, but I did well in my verbal GRE and my graduate GPA is a 3.5.

Thanks!

A friend of mine just received an interview invite this past Monday from the Vandy's IGP AdCom. I know she applied around December 1, but I don't know any more details than her scores/GPA were about average (~3.0, 80th percentile for GRE). They mentioned they have interview weekends until mid-March.

One of the other interviewees (so I don't know her stats, sorry) at a interview weekend I was at two weeks past said she interviewed in early January and already heard back with an acceptance.

@helicase, Thanks! That's the info I was looking for. I know they admit on a rolling basis, so I figured the earlier you applied the sooner you would hear. My application wasn't complete until January 6th because I was waiting for a rec letter from a professor. So if your friend applied in early december and just had an interview, I feel a little better about my life :)

Hi there, I also applied to this program at Vanderbilt and haven't yet heard anything from them yet. My application wasn't complete until a few days before the deadline, thanks to a late reference submission. I would like to find out whether the departments under the IGP take turns to conduct the interviews. I'm asking because I read a post on the gradcafe page which suggested this. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything either. Honestly, it was kind of a long shot. I work at Vanderbilt and love it here and really don't want to leave for school :(. My understanding is that they admit on a rolling basis, so the earlier you get your application in the better. Mine was actually done in time for the priority deadline, but I also had a late reference submission so I didn't get to officially turn it in until January 6th.