Harvard Extension Program Online - Graduate

Anyone participated in this program? I am currently completing my MA at Middlebury College's Bread Loaf School of English in the summers (LOVE IT!), but I am looking to take a course or two this fall. Perhaps I can transfer in these classes. I found this program through a friend.

Would love to hear your thoughts or experiences, if any. Thanks!

I took a few courses here before starting a formal MA. The extension school at Harvard doesn't offer an MA, rather something called an MLA. The credits typically DON'T transfer to MA programs.

I did find many of their courses interesting, especially Damrosch on the Enlightenment.

Great, thanks! I just saw the tuition, so I'm not too let down! The courses do look very intriguing. However, I like that everyone has access to the lectures. Very nice.

I usually took classes for no credit or undergrad credit if I wanted to write a paper and get feedback. I also took language classes there, which were excellent, and I took these for credit in order to take tests and get homework graded.

I never bothered to pay the extra money for a graduate class, because I knew they didn't transfer. However, if you feel you'll take classes there for a while, you can get their MLA, which includes having a thesis advisor assigned, etc. and their MLA, though it doesn't generally count toward a PhD, it is useful to refine your interests and gain access to some very good profs.