Continuing Javits Awards

displayname

I wrote one of the Javits coordinators to inquire about this last summer. At the time, I was told that they had definite funding for FY 2011 and FY 2012 -- to clarify, FY 2012 covers funding for the 2012-2013 academic year, since Javits always pays out the universities in something like August for the entire academic year (your university likely disburses it to the students differently). I was told that beyond FY 2012, they didn't know.

But if you're worried about the years beyond, you should write. I was satisfied because in my case, 2012-2013 will be my fourth and final year on Javits. I was impressed by the completeness and frankness of the answer I got, and they may know more by now, so it's worth asking.

• 7 months later...

has any one else heard about the status of our javits funding? the last i heard was that javits funding for scholars in their second year of funding is no longer guaranteed (you'll note the language on the website has been changed to reflect this, thought it wasnt there when we applied or were awarded the fellowships) and now funding in our third and fourth years are pending congressional budgets for the last two years to the dept of education.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...