GRE Question

fanfanfan

I took the GRE in August 2007 and kinda bombed it. Luckily, I took it again last year and did quite well. Does anyone know when August 2007 scores expire? I'd hate for them to show up on my score report! I read that ETS's year starts on July 1 and ends on June 30, which would mean that my scores won't expire until August 2013? I'm not sure.

How bad do first time scores look to admissions committees? Should I just wait until December 2013 to apply?

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Even if the lower scores appear on your GRE report, adcoms will see how old the scores are. Besides, most adcoms care much more about your personal statement and recommendations. Even if they have a minimum GER for admission/funding, the better score is usually what is considered.

Edited by rkg2012

if you applied this cycle they would show up, but if you're not applying until this fall you're in luck :)

either way, like rkg2012 said, I really doubt they'll care since you obviously were able to improve your scores

http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_asrform.pdf

"GRE SCORES ARE REPORTABLE FOR 5 YEARS FOLLOWING THE TESTING YEAR (JULY 1 TO JUNE 30) IN WHICH YOU TESTED. CURRENTLY, GRE SCORES EARNED AFTER JULY 1, 2006, ARE AVAILABLE."