Yale

gilmoregirl1010

Just that, while it is certainly possible to get a wonderful education at Yale, it is really not the place for everyone. Prospective students tend to get so intoxicated by those magic 4 letters that they are blind to a lot of the negatives. And (as with any school) there are a lot of negatives. So just a word of advice to keep your head on as you head into the selection process. I'm not going to expand on this further. As with any school you'd consider spending 5-9 years of your life at, I'd just hope that everyone is doing their due diligence. That's all!

i couldn't agree more. thanks for the heads-up and the source, too.

Just that, while it is certainly possible to get a wonderful education at Yale, it is really not the place for everyone. Prospective students tend to get so intoxicated by those magic 4 letters that they are blind to a lot of the negatives. And (as with any school) there are a lot of negatives. So just a word of advice to keep your head on as you head into the selection process. I'm not going to expand on this further. As with any school you'd consider spending 5-9 years of your life at, I'd just hope that everyone is doing their due diligence. That's all!

I know this is going to make me sound like Aesop's fox in the vineyard, but not only was that good advice for any program, but it also is making my probable rejection much more palatable. So thank you, and I will keep that in mind when I reapply to PhD programs in two years :)

Edited by gilmoregirl1010