Northeastern

Soc231160

I'm the admit for the 22nd. It was unofficial, as they have said that the Graduate School needs to approve their recommendation. Still waiting to hear on funding, but invited to come to the open house.

I'll claim one as well. Although, my letter stated that they are not currently offering me funding but if some becomes available they will let me know. Based on that, and my other offers, I'm not thinking NE will be a feasible option for me. How likely is it that you can get off a wait list for funding?

Did you get this same statement regarding funding: "We are not able to offer you funding at the time of this writing, however, should funds become available, I will be in touch immediately"? I took mine to mean that others were offered funding but it may become available if others turned it down.....

"We are not able to offer you funding at the time of this writing, however, should funds become available, I will be in touch immediately."

I also interpreted that to mean that others have received funding, but maybe we will hear something soon! Hmm...

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone receive funding to Northeastern? I'm in the same boat with everyone listed above. "We are not able to offer you funding at the time of this writing, however, should funds become available, I will be in touch immediately." No update on that for 3ish weeks.

I haven't heard a thing. I'm wondering if folks might get more information at the recruitment weekend. Isn't it this week? I turned down the invite to the recruitment weekend since without funding, attending Northeastern is off the table for me (and I have other offers with funding on the table). They have been the quietest school for me in terms of ongoing dialogue.

I've been working with their admin assistant pretty closely, since scheduling time off work and getting flights has been such a hassle. I wouldn't say that there is no funding - it wouldn't make sense both because 1. There hasn't been funding offers to anyone on this thread and 2. Considering how they have engaged me once I reached out to them with questions. If they didn't want a strong cohort, the fastest way would be to offer no funding to their students. I don't know, but in my opinion, we might be learning more during the open house itself.

I also have been corresponding with the administrative assistant - she has been available and helpful to me with any questions I have, however the funding topic is pretty sketchy and vague so far. When I probed a little further, I was told I am on a waiting list for funding and that everyone will be formally notified about funding in early April. She also said that in the past, funding has opened up for students who werent offered in may and June. I get the impression that, for now, we are all on this hypothetical 'list' and decisions about allocating have yet to be made.

Edited by lunababy5

So you think maybe funding hasn't been released at all? I have a few other schools that have done that but were upfront saying that "yes you're admitted, but we aren't handing out funding yet." Hmmm. Yes, the admin. assistant has been very helpful with everything except funding answers. Maybe we'll get more answers after the visiting weekend. I'm also not going - way too expensive to travel from Florida.

I was at the open house and funding issues still seem to be so vague. There were 12 people visiting and only one of them was already offered funding. I talked to the graduate coordinator myself and he said 7-8 people are usually funded by the department in a year. It seems that we are waiting for them to reject the offers. That made my hopes decrease.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations! I am still waiting but I think I have no chance at all. My concentration is globalization as well. I think there are no more spots remaining there. Do you think they will inform the ones who will not be offered funding? I still need to hear the final decision.