Did anyone apply to the USC Literature/Creative Writing PhD?

viracity

Hey guys - I'm just graduating from Colby College and starting to do a little research into this stuff. Does anyone know if there are other schools that offer this kind of dual PhD program, with creative writing and literature? USC's program sounds perfect for me but gosh that acceptance rate is low. Anyone know of any similar programs?

Most of the creative writing PhD programs are dual degrees to some extent in that they are PhDs in English with a concentration/emphasis in Creative Writing.  Different programs have different course requirements for the creative writing PhD, but the majority require lit seminars and/or lit courses as well as workshops.  I don't know the specifics of USC's program, tho, so I'm not sure how it might differ from others.  Their program gets a lot of applicants but the creative writing PhDs have pretty low acceptance rates across the board--many only accept between 1-3 funded students per genre.

Hey guys - I'm just graduating from Colby College and starting to do a little research into this stuff. Does anyone know if there are other schools that offer this kind of dual PhD program, with creative writing and literature? USC's program sounds perfect for me but gosh that acceptance rate is low. Anyone know of any similar programs?

University of Missouri also has a creative writing PhD.