chem@uvdavis or CMU?

leabi511

Hey all,

I have gotten offers from chemistry at ucdavis and cmu, and i'd like to work in pharmaceutical industry after graduation. which university should i choose? can any one give me some advice? thanks.

According to US News, neither of those are ranked higher than 30 in chem, correct? So really I am sure they will be looked at similarly by potential employers. Perhaps you should consider where you want to work after you graduate. Networking is a big part of grad school and your adviser should know people in the industry and potentially help you find jobs. If you want to stay on the west coast it would make sense the UC Davis would be the way to go, otherwise CMU would probably be better for the east coast.

According to US News, neither of those are ranked higher than 30 in chem, correct? So really I am sure they will be looked at similarly by potential employers. Perhaps you should consider where you want to work after you graduate. Networking is a big part of grad school and your adviser should know people in the industry and potentially help you find jobs. If you want to stay on the west coast it would make sense the UC Davis would be the way to go, otherwise CMU would probably be better for the east coast.

It's still too early to make a decision so i will wait for others. But my gpa is low so i think i may not get offer from higher ranked university than those two...thanks for your advice!