Colorado State

TOCycleFan

Hi Princesspi,

Thanks for the heads up, and the timely response back to CSU. Here's hoping I'm #1 on the wait list, (if not, then at least #2) :)

No matter what happens, I'll always be kind to Dr Lacy and everyone else I've contacted in that department. They've been very helpful and overly nice to me through this whole process, which is not something one finds everyday in these often very competitive academic environments.

Best of luck with you future studies. Is there a school you're leaning towards right now?!?

Good to hear! Please, let me know what happens! :D

Definitely agree with you on having down to earth, approachable, smart faculty and not a competitive environment. Colorado State definitely has that. If you get in, you are just going to love it there. It just wasn't the school for me.

I just can't decide, but I narrowed down my choices to Oregon and Washington St, Honestly, I want to attend Oregon, but their funding is lower. I love Professor York and their environmental sociology program. I know a couple of the graduate students there and they are amazing! But Washington State just offered me a first year fellowship so I wouldn't have to TA my first year. WSU is also a really great school too. They have awesome research projects happening right now. Their faculty actually works and publishes a lot with Oregon. I don't know, I just have to think about it some more.... o.O

Now that it's been a few weeks and people have heard back from a few more programs (particularly CU), I was wondering if anyone has decided on whether or not they are going to take up CSU's offer? CSU is my number one, but I am still stuck on the waitlist, and I don't know what to tell the other schools...

I have been accepted to CSU and UC-Davis. I visit UC-Davis this upcoming week, but the real driving factor in my decision is what schools my wife gets into in earth sciences. I will probably be telling CSU/UC-Davis my decision around the first of April. Sorry to keep a spot hanging.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...