MFA Admission Replies - short and simple

csk

Shelia emailed me and told me they had mailed something out on Monday. I'm in the 2 year.

I'm kind of stoked because I met some great folks in the application process, and they are coming too!

I heard that the 3 year was much more competitive.

Congrats, Moth! It's really good to hear you are into the peer group.

I'm a sucker on the 3 year waitlist. I figure it's probably hopeless, but I wonder how come with just 6 spots they haven't sorted it out by now?

After almost 2 months of being on the wait list, UC Irvine rejected me via a generic PDF sent to my e-mail address...

They also rejected several other applicants and sent their rejection PDFs to myself and everyone else on the mass rejection e-mail list.

To add, they kept a book I specifically made to use as my portfolio after my interview there. I thought they kept everyone's portfolio, but found out otherwise later. All attempts to retrieve the book back have so far been unsuccessful.

I noticed earlier that another guy on here got a rejection and an acceptance PDF sent to him from UCI. They are seriously unorganized. Great offer if you get in though, what with the tuition remission and all.

Next year I don't know if I will try applying to UCI again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a bit confused by this too. I have been accepted on to an MA program in Europe at the Cyprus College of Art. Out of this I get a Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art and an MA Fine Art. The Postgraduate Diploma is from an organisation called OCNW and the MA from the University of Northampton. In a way I am not worried by the qualification, as I want to spend time in Europe anyway, but does having a British MA mean I will not be able to teach when I get back? On top of this the college offers an optional teaching qualification - should I take this?

• 8 months later...

I applied for an MFA in Sculpture. I live in NYC

Here's my list:

Uni of Kansas: Rejected via email, 2/24

Hunter: Rejected via email, 2/26

Bard: Rejected via email, 2/27

SUNY New Paltz: Accepted! via phone, 2/12

University of Iowa: Accepted! via email, 2/19

Ohio University: Accepted! via email, 3/5

Purchase College: Interview on 4/1, notification via phone

RISD: Still waiting

Cranbrook: Still waiting

I've almost just written RISD and Cranbrook off considering how difficult it seems to get into them.

Whew.

My issue now is that one school is pressuring me to decide by March 15 and another by March 28, yet my interview at Purchase isn't even until April first. I have no clue yet where I want to go!

I was accepted to New Paltz as well but for painting. Have you gone for a visit yet? How did you like it? I need to go myself either this Friday or Next. I want to see the studio space.

I was accepted to New Paltz as well but for painting. Have you gone for a visit yet? How did you like it? I need to go myself either this Friday or Next. I want to see the studio space.

i don't know if you realize this or not, but you are responding to a message from 2009.

Shelia emailed me and told me they had mailed something out on Monday. I'm in the 2 year.

I'm kind of stoked because I met some great folks in the application process, and they are coming too!

I heard that the 3 year was much more competitive.

WOW! Congratulations!!! That's amazing!

I have just finished interviewing with the faculty and students just now. The most intense of all my interviews. I applied to the 3 years program but was changed to 2 years track.

I also heard that 3 years are quite competitive. 20ish people are scheduled for interviews for relatively fewer spots.

Hopefully I can hear from Sheila soon.