Just received an e-mail stating that the Graduate Program is still "very interested" in my application, but that I am on their waiting list for a teaching assistantship (they do not admit students without funding). Perhaps this means that those who did get a TA will be hearing very soon.

Just received an e-mail stating that the Graduate Program is still "very interested" in my application, but that I am on their waiting list for a teaching assistantship (they do not admit students without funding). Perhaps this means that those who did get a TA will be hearing very soon.

Did your status change when you login online, Isidore?

Did your status change when you login online, Isidore?

My status still says that my application is under committee review. I will most likely be accepting another offer, but I'm still weighing my options.

Well, it wouldn't make any sense for them to notify waitlists before acceptances, so I suppose I can expect my rejection notice soon. Hopefully they don't wait a month like Harvard.

I see two rejections on the results forum for the PhD program. I haven't received anything yet, and my status has not changed on the web application portal. (I pray my obsessing and stressing doesn't cause an aneurism)

Just got my rejection. Email to check the website, and then when I logged on there was a link at the very bottom stating my decision was available. This was my last hope for a PhD admit this year, but oh well. I'll be in an MA and hopefully strengthening my application for next season. Good luck to all those waiting to hear!

Just got my rejection. Email to check the website, and then when I logged on there was a link at the very bottom stating my decision was available. This was my last hope for a PhD admit this year, but oh well. I'll be in an MA and hopefully strengthening my application for next season. Good luck to all those waiting to hear!

Silent_G, do you plan to reapply next fall, after just starting an MA? Wondering what others are doing, because I didn't know if it was a good idea to reapply when I don't have any grades to show for the MA I'll have in progress. Also, just the time involved in applying...Curious.

(And add me to the rejection train.)

Silent_G, do you plan to reapply next fall, after just starting an MA? Wondering what others are doing, because I didn't know if it was a good idea to reapply when I don't have any grades to show for the MA I'll have in progress. Also, just the time involved in applying...Curious.

(And add me to the rejection train.)

I haven't decided that yet either. I'm not as worried about not having MA grades to show as I am about having a decent writing sample ready. I suppose I will check with my professors once I'm in the program, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be such a great idea to resubmit the same writing sample, even if I do edit it significantly between now and then. Now that I have all my admissions decisions, I will email my LOR's and I will probably ask their opinions as well. Part of me feels like it can't hurt to reapply this year, but then part of me wonders if maybe it would. Will it hurt my application for Fall 2014 if I receive another set of rejections in reapplying for Fall 2013? It's certainly a dilemma that's weighing pretty heavily on my mind at the moment. Good luck on your decisions!