MFA Directing - Share Results

Ozan

Hey all!

Not many posts on MFA Directing (Theatre) programs this year. ... Waiting is hard, and I'd rather know either way, even if it's a rejection. So, if anyone is reading this, please share results, including interviews! For me, personally, I'm wondering if anyone's heard anything from Illinois State, Temple, UMass Amherst, or about a 2nd interview with UCLA.

Here are mine (8 schools total):

Brown/Trinity: Rejected

DePaul: Rejected

Yale: Rejected

UCSD: Got an interview

UCLA: Got 1st round interview

UMass Amherst: ?

Illinois State: ?

Temple: ?

Best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this post. I am in the same boat.

DePaul: Rejected

Northwestern: Rejected

Western Illinois: Got an interview

Lindenwood: Got an interview

Montana: ?

Portland: ?

Catholic University: ?

Memphis: ?

North Carolina - Greensboro: ?

Pace: ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like I did not get in anywhere. I haven't gotten official notices from all schools yet, but based on time, it's pretty clear.

It's my first time, though, and I've heard that it's very common for people to have to apply more than once before getting in. These directing programs are SO competitive. Did you have any luck? I plan to keep trying each year. I'd love to trade info about our impressions of various programs, if you're interested. I'm pretty sure I will apply to some different programs next time around, as well as a few of the same ones.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that. As for me, I was able to get into 3 schools actually which I consider myself extremely lucky to be in this situation. I'd be happy to share experiences with you. Not sure how to exchange contact information privately though?