York/Ryerson Communication and Culture - Heard Anything Yet?

tiffanyamber81

Just handed in my complete MA thesis rough draft for review. So, I have remember how to play the waiting game without succumbing to neurosis.

Best of luck, everyone! An exciting yet stressful time; hang in there!

Craig

I went into the office yesterday to find out how long would it take since I have other offers waiting, and they said I should ask for an extension until 2nd week of April. By that time, she said, everyone should know if they're accepted or rejected. Let us see now.

I went into the office yesterday to find out how long would it take since I have other offers waiting, and they said I should ask for an extension until 2nd week of April. By that time, she said, everyone should know if they're accepted or rejected. Let us see now.

thanks for going in and checking and then posting the response here

greatly appreciated

oh, holy cow

another MONTH of this?

Hopefully not... this is the max amount of time it will take for everyone to hear from them. so I believe first round of offers will go around end of march, second round mid april-ish.

Hopefully not... this is the max amount of time it will take for everyone to hear from them. so I believe first round of offers will go around end of march, second round mid april-ish.

the result survey puts offers between March 14th through the end of the month

head of grad department said they would start contacting people starting March 10th

hopefully it will all end soon, quickly, and painlessly

What is the result survey? March 10th 2012 is SAT, I think York only sends on accepts on weekdays...I think it starts on March 12th this Monday.

I strongly believe offers will be out the March 12-16 week cause there is a 2-week wait for accepts to decide, then it's early april for 2nd round, mid-april for second round to decide, then all rejects will be out by mid-april.

What is the result survey? March 10th 2012 is SAT, I think York only sends on accepts on weekdays...I think it starts on March 12th this Monday.

I strongly believe offers will be out the March 12-16 week cause there is a 2-week wait for accepts to decide, then it's early april for 2nd round, mid-april for second round to decide, then all rejects will be out by mid-april.

Yes, that's what I meant, the 12th :)

The results survey is available on a navigation bar at the top of the page

Just scroll up

Here's what it has for our program:

York University Toronto Communication And Culture, Masters (S11) Accepted via Website on 19 Mar 2011

York University Toronto Communication And Culture, Masters (F11) Accepted via E-mail on 21 Mar 2011

York University (Toronto) Communication And Culture, PhD (F11) Accepted via Postal Service on 14 Mar 2011

York University (Toronto) Communication And Culture, Masters (F10) Accepted via Postal Service on 25 Mar 2010

York University, Toronto Communication And Culture, Masters (F10) Accepted via Website on 20 Mar 2010

Edited by AlyaLeka

Hey AlyaLeka, thanks! That was really helpful! I am new to GradCafe so... :)

It feels like I am refused already cause last year's offer went out so early esp PhD. Are you PhD or? So this year....no offer and rejects at all so far according the result survey?

Sigh....hope the wait is over soon............

Hey AlyaLeka, thanks! That was really helpful! I am new to GradCafe so... :)

It feels like I am refused already cause last year's offer went out so early esp PhD. Are you PhD or? So this year....no offer and rejects at all so far according the result survey?

Sigh....hope the wait is over soon............

I am a PhD applicant

Why do you say that you are a reject already? It's only the 12th. The earliest an offer has been made in the past was the 14th. I doubt ANYBODY has heard yet. But they might today! :)

Yeah...but I think this individual...York University (Toronto) Communication And Culture, PhD (F11) Accepted via Postal Service on 14 Mar 2011 got called on March 1st 2011....

Oh well....we will see this week....I am on the same boat as you...PhD :)

Hi Everyone,

PhD ComCult (Fall, 2012) has started rolling out their offers. I received this message from the department tonight (March 12, 2012) at 6:00pm:

Dear Craig,

I am pleased to inform you that our admissions committee has recommended you for admission into the PhD program at York in Communication and Culture. We had a very competitive applicant pool, so congratulations on your success here. An official offer will follow in a few days followed by a financial support offer a week or so after that, but I wanted to notify you right away about our decision. Congratulations on behalf of the program and especially our admissions committee.

Best of luck colleagues. I hope that participants on this thread are also admitted for the fall term!

Best,

Craig

Hi Everyone,

PhD ComCult (Fall, 2012) has started rolling out their offers. I received this message from the department tonight (March 12, 2012) at 6:00pm:

Dear Craig,

I am pleased to inform you that our admissions committee has recommended you for admission into the PhD program at York in Communication and Culture. We had a very competitive applicant pool, so congratulations on your success here. An official offer will follow in a few days followed by a financial support offer a week or so after that, but I wanted to notify you right away about our decision. Congratulations on behalf of the program and especially our admissions committee.

Best of luck colleagues. I hope that participants on this thread are also admitted for the fall term!

Best,

Craig

Craig! Congrats!

This has to be very exciting. And thanks for posting right away. Let's hope for more posts like this one in this thread.

According to result survey another phd got offer....is this over? All offers are out? Sigh......

Frozencake I would not count yourself out just yet. Yes, a few emails have gone out but we do not know if all offers have been received yet. Email is notoriously dubious when applying to grad school and sometimes a letter will just show up in your mailbox. These offers are also the first round and some people may reject them (especially because they were sent out so late).

This was an immensely competitive year for comcult on the York side and I believe they received almost 90 applications for 8 spots so do not feel bad! I would call York in the next couple days for an update on your application and if you were not one of the few who were sent first round offers I would ask if my application could be sent over to the ryerson side. Far fewer people applied to Ryerson and many of the top rejected York candidates will be sent over there so you still have a good shot of getting in even if you do not get in on the York side. You can even try contacting the ryerson GPD to ask if you application can be sent over.

Please do not feel bad even if you do not get in as I said it is so competitive right now. If you want to try again next year try to build a closer bond with your potential supervisor and even try to get a LOR from them.