In School Loan Deferment and Post Master's certificate programs?

quick1

Like many I have massive student loan debts and need to defer them until I get a little more financially stable. I recently got my M.A. and since have been in a post masters certificate program (two classes a semester).

The lender says it doesn't matter what type of program it is as long as the program can vouch for the fact I'm there taking at least half time coursework (this program defines full time as 3 courses and part time as 2 courses).

Is this true?

Yes its true. You have to provide proof of your acceptance and they (admissions) should have a form you can fill out and send to the lender vouching for you. I think its an enrollment verification form or sthg so. I had to fill out one myself.

Deferring can be a problem for unsubsidized loans though. Interest will accrue on unsubsidized loans and it will kick your ass (sorry but true) if you don't pay the interest during school. I have 1/2 sub and 1/2 unsub and the interest was insane during my Master's deferment. Just some advice....