University of Washington, Seattle

Guest short circuit

I would love to consider going, but I've been placed on a waitlist for the English PhD program. So...has anyone received an offer in this program that they're definitely going to take? Just trying to weigh my chances here.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So this thread might be officially dead---but anybody else thinking of UW for their PhD in Political Science (IR concentration?) I hear there are likely going to be 4-5 IR-ites enrolling in 2008.... would love to meet any potential students...

I was accepted to Washington and am still waiting to hear about funding. I will be in the department of Education if I go there, but my area is civic education and my advisor has a dual appointment so I expect to take a few classes in Political Science as well. Would like to go to the visit day - does anybody know if they are paying for students to come? So far, I have only received an email acceptance.

They told me they couldn't promise reimbursement but that there were decent odds. But my flight was cheap, so...

Civic education sounds like an interesting program. I honestly didn't know that was one of the subfields of Ed...

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use