Indiana-Bloomington SPEA

shastika

I was admitted to SPEA back in November about a week after my application was sent in.

I've never visited there before, but they have been awesome with their outreach to me as a potential student. I live in DC so I attended their colloquium they have every winter and I really liked the other students I met there. I was talking to one of them about my housing concerns in Bloomington and she took the time to mail me a packet of housing information for the city of Bloomington.

I also received a phone call from one of their students who reached out to see if I had any questions.

I continue to be impressed by this school! I'm still waiting to hear from two other schools I applied to, but even if they say no, I'm perfectly content with going to Indiana.

Definitely,

I was admitted to SPEA last month. Have you received a funding decision yet? Any insight into how much might be available?

They sent a newsletter out today to all the admitted applicants and it said funding offers will be sent out in Mid March and they are making offers based on GRE/GPA, how rigorous your undergraduate classes were, work experience, etc.

I got an e-mail from them two Fridays ago telling me that my file was incomplete and after clearing that up on the phone last Monday (it was their mistake... they definitely had me panicked over that weekend because I didn't check my e-mail until after their offices had closed), I got my acceptance via e-mail today!!

I haven't visited, but I really liked the program from their website. Fingers crossed for some funding so as to make it a real option come decision day!!

BTW, anyone want to start a Strengths/Weaknesses for SPEA? I really don't know much about it and it could be helpful :)