Seeking advice from people with experience negotiating funding at Canadian institutions

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if there's anybody out there who, either this season or in previous years, has had experience negotiating for a higher funding package from their institution of choice. I know that there's a few threads around the forums that touch on this topic, but I'm hoping to catch someone with experience specific to English PhD programs in Canada.

I understand that having a choice between programs is something to be very thankful for, and that the topic of enhancing one's financial position can come across as boastful at a time when so many are waiting anxiously for responses, so please don't take this thread to be self-congratulatory on my part. I'm simply a bit lost for advice, and this is one of the best resources available.

If anybody out there has had experience, please shoot me a PM if you're willing to share, and I'd be happy to remove this thread.

All the very best to everyone during this period of waiting and deciding!