Three reject letters...NO acceptances yet.

MDLee

I have one rejection and no admits. I expect in the next two weeks, I'll hear from all my programs either way. Having that early rejection makes the waiting hard, but I just try and think about ways to improve my application next year and I'm already resolved that my course of action, in the worst case scenario is to apply again.

Annoying, but that was my plan going in when I only chose very competitive school. Next year, I'll be ready to compromise, but this year my thinking was an all or nothing mentality. I am still hoping to hit the lottery, but not really expecting to.

I have one rejection and no admits. I expect in the next two weeks, I'll hear from all my programs either way. Having that early rejection makes the waiting hard, but I just try and think about ways to improve my application next year and I'm already resolved that my course of action, in the worst case scenario is to apply again.

Annoying, but that was my plan going in when I only chose very competitive school. Next year, I'll be ready to compromise, but this year my thinking was an all or nothing mentality. I am still hoping to hit the lottery, but not really expecting to.

I'm in the exact same boat. I just wish I knew when I would be notified. Getting rejected everywhere would leave me feeling awful and that scenario certainly is not out of the realm of possibility, but it would be so nice to get it over with all at once. If I don't get in, I'll try again next year. But, the waiting/ anxiety is torture.

I guess it's like that beatles song says, "All you need is one."

:)

Isn't that the truth. Two months ago I was like, "I will go with the one that offers the best funding..." Now I'm like, "I'LL TAKE ANYTHING."

Yeah same here. For better or worse I also followed the lottery route. No point applying to crappy schools anyhow. Worst case scenario, will work on my profile for a year and app again..albeit a lil more conservatively.

For better or worse I also followed the lottery route. No point applying to crappy schools anyhow. Worst case scenario, will work on my profile for a year and app again..albeit a lil more conservatively.

Yes, the name of the game is someday getting a job, right? I already have a good job, so to leave it, I need a compelling reason. I'm also older, so I don't have time to go to grad school just for love/personal interest and then when I'm 30 set out to seriously find my career. Already past that point.

I think this was a good strategy for me all in all. I have learned alot by actually putting apps together and sending them out. Even though I started preparing a year in advance, I couldn't have figured out some of these things without a trial run.

I think this was a good strategy for me all in all. I have learned alot by actually putting apps together and sending them out. Even though I started preparing a year in advance, I couldn't have figured out some of these things without a trial run.

True that. Applying for PhD programs was quite different from my Master's. I put in as much time as was humanly possible to my applications while still doing well in my last semester in my Master's program. No regrets, though that doesn't mean I'm not perturbed by the 2 rejects I have received.

Best of luck with your apps Yellow#5. I admire people who get into grad school after extensive work experience. Hope you make it.