McGill University MEng-Elect vs Cornell MEng-Systems Engineering (Job prospects after school)

taofeek88

Hi Everyone,

I understand clearly that Cornell is an Ivy-league school and definitely more prestigious. But looking at the bigger picture, word on the street is that opportunities for after school employment is more in Canada than the US.

Seeing also that McGill is a top top school in the engineering field and almost at par with cornell, after school employment then takes center stage and that is the angle i want everyone to analyse this from.

pls help with suggestions so i can make an informed decision soon.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does it make a financial difference, which school you attend? Is one program shorter/longer than the other? What are your job prospects? A few more information would be needed to give a recommendation.

What I would say already, is that Cornell will just have an advantage when you work outside Canada. Normally the top national universities are always equal to the top international universities within the country. This changes as soon as you plan an international career.