Graduate Assistantships

shunter10

I was accepted to the University of Tennessee (yay!) for Speech Language Pathology.

When I inquired about financial aid and GAs and GTAs I was told the board would be meeting last week and then students would be notified if they received it and all students would be emailed that the process was complete.

Well needless to say I'm twitching with anxiety, there is no way I can afford UTK as an out of state student, which sucks because I am desperate to be there!!!

Anyone here heard from UTK or UTHSC on assistantships yet?

I don't know if you've heard anything back yet but I received this email on March 26th.

"The Scholarships and Awards Committee met last week. If you were selected, you should have been notified by the Chair of the Department. If you were not notified last week, you remain eligible for an award or scholarship as the offers extended by the Chair may not be accepted.

Have a great day."

so if they didn't contact you yet it's most likely a maybe until they start getting admission requests declined. good luck!

• 4 weeks later...