Parsons( Design & Technology) vs Mass Arts (Dynamic Media)

humour

How would you compare Parsons (Design and Technology) vs Mass Arts (Dynamic Media)?

Parsons is way too expensive but everybody I know has a high regard fro the program. Plus, being in NYC, there might be internship opportunities available that might help meet some costs.

On the other hand, Mass Arts has an excellent program and is half the cost as that of Parsons. Boston is a great city and there may just be a chance to collaborate with MIT Media Lab.

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Both are good schools in great areas, so wherever you decide to attend if you work your hardest and do the best you can, you'll find plenty of opportunities I imagine. One thing I do find desirable at MassArt is the ability to take advantage of all the surrounded schools. You can take classes from and talk to professors from many great programs. Best of luck! May I ask where you are from?

thanks leetimko! I am an international student from India. Since, I can't go and visit either of the 2 programs, I am trying to gather as much information as I can!

Edited by humour

Cool!! What part of india are you from. I don't really know anything about Mass Arts, but I have visited Parsons and I love it. I will probably end up going there despite the cost. One thing I really love about Parsons is their commitment to social justice and public engagement. I haven't seen that anywhere else.

I don't know much about Mass Arts, but I have been to both boston and new york plenty of times so feel free to ask me any questions about the cities.

Especially since you can't visit, I would recommend e-mailing the Director of the Parsons program (David Carroll) to set up a phone call or skype call. I did that and he answered a lot of my questions.

Edited by minderbinder22

Another thing about Parsons is that they have the India China Institute & the Open Society Fellowships. That could possibly get you a funded trip home and chance to do some fieldwork in your country. Or if you're interested in somewhere else, you could do fieldwork anywhere really. I think the Open Society Fellowship is an awesome opportunity.