Iranian Admitted Students

chessmathter

what's you idea about my chance?

I'm an electrical student in field control and instrumentation in University of applied science and technology-Sapco Tehran- and I will graduate in Feb,2013.I'm going to continue my education in the USA or Canada for Master and PH.D.I haven't ever had an article yet.But I try about it and I learn English.Although I hope I can get 7 score in Ielts exam at least,I didn't start studying for the GRE exam.I suppose that I would get 160 score in the verbal section and 170 in the quant section.My GPA=19.4 from20 till now.I was TA 3 times and I can get some good recommendation letters.On the other hand,I was responsible(I don't know exactly a suitable word) of laboratory for 2 terms.In addition I have 4 relevent certificates related to electrical enginering such as Matlab software, industrial electricity,etc. from Technical&Vocational Training Organization.what's your opinion about my chance?wha't your advise?

what's you idea about my chance?

I'm an electrical student in field control and instrumentation in University of applied science and technology-Sapco Tehran- and I will graduate in Feb,2013.I'm going to continue my education in the USA or Canada for Master and PH.D.I haven't ever had an article yet.But I try about it and I learn English.Although I hope I can get 7 score in Ielts exam at least,I didn't start studying for the GRE exam.I suppose that I would get 160 score in the verbal section and 170 in the quant section.My GPA=19.4 from20 till now.I was TA 3 times and I can get some good recommendation letters.On the other hand,I was responsible(I don't know exactly a suitable word) of laboratory for 2 terms.In addition I have 4 relevent certificates related to electrical enginering such as Matlab software, industrial electricity,etc. from Technical&Vocational Training Organization.what's your opinion about my chance?wha't your advise?

Dear Ahmad

It would be much better if you started a new topic and asked your question there. This topic is dedicated to another question.

Anyway , given your good background I know that you might be expecting yourself to make it to the top 10 or so. It is important to know that your qualifications might be good among the students of your university or even the country but do not convey your ability to continue in top schools. Unfortunately I should tell you that your chance will not be high for these schools either unless maybe for UIUC. I recommend that you choose two top 10 schools, 5 in top 20 and three outside this range as your safe school. You also have the option to choose a Canadian school for MS and then apply for a Ph,D in US.

If you have more questions on this please start a new topic.