Northwestern

Guest dave

I called 3 weeks ago and they said "we sent letters this week"

I called last week "Oh, email this person"

Finally got a letter Friday.

This was the social section but I recommend calling and if they say they sent letters make it clear that you haven't recieved it. If she asks you to email someone you can either do that and wait for the letter (which I did) or ask if she can just break protocol and get the bugger over with (which I wish I had done).

I have no patience for schools that are giving the rejection vibe and just NOT telling you. 

On the brighter side of things there are schools that waitlist you without telling you as well...SUNY >_<

ehh.. i'll wait until I get rejected from the NSF to bother. :)

BTW - northwestern was extremely obnoxious when I applied. Very bad about responding to questions. Certainly the worst I applied to(UCLA is a close second)

Guest Squirrely

Hey Dave, I'm in the same boat w/ cognitive at NWU as well. They've been quite unresponsive to my attempts to communicate with them over the status of my application. I realize that all signs point to rejected, but even if I was accepted, their haughtiness has turned me off to the program as a whole. But, I suppose it's easy to say that now when I've likely already been dumped.

=( Rejection is so hard!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

This is kind of ridiculous. I STILL haven't heard from Northwestern. Everyone else has replied already.

I think I'm just going to assume it means rejection.

Guest Squirrely

I broke down and called them yesterday. I was redirected to another person's e-mail account, but not given a number so I could reach her directly. I sent an e-mail regarding the status of my application, and it has yet to be ansered. Given the=at my previous e-mail went unreplied, I am not expecting much from this new attmpet. It could be that they are holding all rejections until final decisions are made--UIC isn't sending any rejections out, even for people they would never entertain the idea of accepting, until they know who has accepted. The lady in the office said to expect to hear April 15th. I'm assuming Norwestern has the same game plan.

I broke down and called them yesterday. I was redirected to another person's e-mail account, but not given a number so I could reach her directly. I sent an e-mail regarding the status of my application, and it has yet to be ansered. Given the=at my previous e-mail went unreplied, I am not expecting much from this new attmpet. It could be that they are holding all rejections until final decisions are made--UIC isn't sending any rejections out, even for people they would never entertain the idea of accepting, until they know who has accepted. The lady in the office said to expect to hear April 15th. I'm assuming Norwestern has the same game plan.

That's just bloody stupid. I got the ol' shaft from the NSF, so I'm 100% sure I'm not in. I think at this point even if they accepted me I'd tell them to go to hell - they have been so obnoxious to deal with.

Guest Squirrely

Hi again. I finally got a response to my 3rd or 4th e-mail. They said my application was "in holding" and that they would be sure to notify me as soon as a decision was made. I'm not sure what "holding" means? It's like our applications got put into some kind of graduate school pergatory. But, if you haven't heard yet, that's probably where yours is as well.

The woman who replied was very nice about it.

Hi again. I finally got a response to my 3rd or 4th e-mail. They said my application was "in holding" and that they would be sure to notify me as soon as a decision was made. I'm not sure what "holding" means? It's like our applications got put into some kind of graduate school pergatory. But, if you haven't heard yet, that's probably where yours is as well.

The woman who replied was very nice about it.

I already accepted another offer, personally :)

Guest Squirrely

Actually, I accepted elsewhere, as well. But for some reason, I'm still really peaved that I haven't heard back from them. :lol: