Decision deferred at one school, need to reply to one I was accepted to by their decision date.

perico

I was accepted to one of the programs I applied to and am still waiting on a decision which I was told was deferred. The program I was accepted to requires accepted students to reply by April 15 and the one I am waiting for says they will review my application again in mid-April "at the next committee meeting".

My question is: Should I contact the school I am waiting for and inform them that I have an offer that I need to respond to near the time they will be evaluating my application again? How should such a letter be worded? I was thinking something like:

Selection Committee,

Thank you for notifying me about the current status of my application. I understand that the selection committee will be evaluating my application at its next meeting in mid-April. However, I have offers from other programs and one of them requires that I notify them of my decision by April 15. I want to be able to consider all of my options, should I expect a decision before April 15?

Sincerely,

xxxx

Thanks GradCafe!

I too think you should send off the above, though, I would add maybe add few lines. I am assuming the school you're waiting on is one of/or is your top choice; I would let them know such in the message.