Parsons, NYU or Pratt?

tgwse87

Hello!

I have been admitted to the top 3 programs I applied to...

Parsons Design & Technology MFA, NYU ITP MPS, and Pratt Interactive Arts MFA...

I have read hundreds of reviews here and there about all 3 programs, and it's only gotten me even more confused as to what grad school I should choose.

I would really appreciate it if you would tell me what you think is the best decision to make.

I live in Europe so visiting the schools in not really an option for me right now...

Thanks a lot.

xoxo

M.

I'm asking the same thing, but only regarding Parsons and NYU. I've received a good package from both, so cost is not relevant for the decision. From what I have heard, "Parsons is more design and professionally driven, while ITP is more edgy, experimental, and strongly focused on physical computing." Does that make sense?

I'm asking the same thing, but only regarding Parsons and NYU. I've received a good package from both, so cost is not relevant for the decision. From what I have heard, "Parsons is more design and professionally driven, while ITP is more edgy, experimental, and strongly focused on physical computing." Does that make sense?

I'm in a similar predicament but its between SVA Interaction Design and ITP. I don't know much about Parsons but if you're interested in making art, learning how to code or entrepreneurship, ITP is the program for you. Talking to current ITP students, it seems like its a self-driven program. Basically you get to define your own curriculum which can be a good or bad thing.

I'm in a similar predicament but its between SVA Interaction Design and ITP. I don't know much about Parsons but if you're interested in making art, learning how to code or entrepreneurship, ITP is the program for you. Talking to current ITP students, it seems like its a self-driven program. Basically you get to define your own curriculum which can be a good or bad thing.

Hi Pjue,

have you made any decision yet? I also got accepted at those two programs. From what I've researched, ITP feels a lot more experimental and technical, more interaction and less design, while SVA is more focused on the design of the interaction.

Does this make any sense to you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...