Will my application get tossed aside?

isawstars

A while ago I received an email from SDSU's graduate advisor stating my GRE scores are below their minimum requirement and she asked me if I was going to retake it. I told her yes, studied and retook the the test. My scores are back and I met their requirements for only the Math and Writing section. I actually did worse on Verbal than before... UGH.

Should I email her and tell her I didn't meet the Verbal requirement? Are they going to toss out my application? I've met the GPA requirement, so I am really curious about what they are going to think. I live on the east coast so I'm sure that makes my chances of getting in even lower because it seems as if CSU schools favor california applicants. This sucks.... :(

I looked @ their admission page for the MA in comm; looks like they haven't updated their page to reflect the new scoring system. V = 450 Q = 450 and W = 4.0

Total Combined V + Q = 950

What exactly is your combined score under the new system and we can possibly convert it?

The email she sent me said their min scores are: V= 150 Q= 142 AW= 4.0 I'm not a good test taker at all... I always panic when I am being timed.... my best scores on the GRE: V=147 Q= 144 AW= 4.0 (I haven't gotten the scores back from my retake though, hopefully it's higher as well). My GPA is 3.01 (3.0 is the requirement) and I took a lot of leadership positions in my extracurricular activities. I know my stats are lot lower than most people here, and I've seen people be rude about stuff like that here... so please be kind :) Anyways, TIA!

I looked @ their admission page for the MA in comm; looks like they haven't updated their page to reflect the new scoring system. V = 450 Q = 450 and W = 4.0

Total Combined V + Q = 950

What exactly is your combined score under the new system and we can possibly convert it?

isawstars - keep the grad advisor apprised of your pending test results. You don't have to mention that you retook and did not meet the minimum req for verbal. Just let them know that you just retook it and that you are awaiting results. You may want to ask them how long you have until the committee reviews applications as this may determine a hard deadline. Good luck!

The email she sent me said their min scores are: V= 150 Q= 142 AW= 4.0 I'm not a good test taker at all... I always panic when I am being timed.... my best scores on the GRE: V=147 Q= 144 AW= 4.0 (I haven't gotten the scores back from my retake though, hopefully it's higher as well). My GPA is 3.01 (3.0 is the requirement) and I took a lot of leadership positions in my extracurricular activities. I know my stats are lot lower than most people here, and I've seen people be rude about stuff like that here... so please be kind :) Anyways, TIA!

OMG, you missed it my one measly point! If they have a cut off for this that is just wrong. If they just have a "recommended" score you should be fine. Either way, like someone said above. Mention it to the advisor and go from there! Good luck!