University of Toronto status change and their email response

DSY

My status changed to "decision made" on Monday but I haven't heard anything from them. I emailed and called them on Monday.

I finally received a email response today and this is what they wrote:

Thank your your inquiry.

For reasons of security we DO NOT respond by email to individual questions concerning current applications for admission.

Our admission process is proceeding and you will be notified by mail.

Mailings have started and at the latest you will receive notification by the end of April.

Please check your status on the School of Graduate Studies Online Admissions site.

If your application has been moved to decision made, you should receive your information package shortly.

Does this mean there's still hope?!?! A few people received an official email acceptance one week after the status has changed to "decision made" while others are in the same boat as me. Some people's statuses are still "under review".

Did you email the head of graduate studies or your specific department? You might have better luck if you email a professor in the department. That is what I did (Classics), and they told me through email that I had been waitlisted and then, later, accepted. Best of luck!

It took four days from "Decision Made" to an email for me, and the other U of T programs I've been accepted to STILL SAY "Under Review" even though I was accepted weeks ago. Don't be discouraged. Can I ask what program you've applied for?

I'm applying to masters of architecture.

I emailed my department specifically. I also called the department on Monday and they just told me to wait for 2-3 more weeks without revealing further information. I don't know any professor in the program so I don't know who to contact.

I got an answer from one by saying (this was true) that they are my top choice, the sgs tracker says "decision made", and that I have a deadline to accept/reject another program. Could they either check for me or give me a concrete "decide by" date?

I took a class with one of the MArch professors (Robert Levit) and he was awesome, but probably wouldn't be of any help. Good luck!

I got an answer from one by saying (this was true) that they are my top choice, the sgs tracker says "decision made", and that I have a deadline to accept/reject another program. Could they either check for me or give me a concrete "decide by" date?

I took a class with one of the MArch professors (Robert Levit) and he was awesome, but probably wouldn't be of any help. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I will try that if there's still no response in another week.

I think you'll be fine... it seems that, for M.Arch applicants at least, "decision made" meant "accepted", based on browsing the old threads on this forum. I applied to the same program and am still "under review", so the odds don't look that good for me.

(And not to over-analyze the wording of that e-mail... but it's notable how the message says you'll be receiving your "information package" shortly. An information package for accepted students, perhaps? If it was a rejection letter, it wouldn't be called an "information package", would it?)

P.S. I sent them an e-mail a while ago and the response that I got was the same as yours.

Edited by willwclo

Hi Guys,

I'm on the same boat as most of you (M.Arch 1 2012), It has been "decision made" on SGS for more than a week. Any updates?

Nope, still waiting for email/mail.......I'm preparing for the worst.

Nope, still waiting for email/mail.......I'm preparing for the worst.

Same here, at a crossroad pretty much, I know some people who have received offers (early this week) while others whose status haven't changed

This has started to become a little frustrating haha

Early this week? I know at least three people have received email acceptance on March 24. This means two rounds of offers have already gone out!!!!

Early this week? I know at least three people have received email acceptance on March 24. This means two rounds of offers have already gone out!!!!

Not sure to be honest, he received a package in the mail so it could still be part of the first round. How does it work really? Who gets an email package and who gets a physical one?

According to posts/results from previous years on this forum, some people received an email first then an official letter 1 -2 weeks after. However, some others didn't receive any email notification before the official letter arrived. So I have no idea what's going on. :(

I applied to both the Masters in Criminology and Masters in Industrial Relations and Human Resources and both my statuses say under review. When I emailed the graduate assistant, she stated my status was the same as online. I hope it doesn't mean Im rejected.

Maybe it's just my weird nature, but I do find solace in the fact that I am not the only one in this situation. Not knowing is such a horrible feeling though. I am in Kitchener/Waterloo so I can't really blame CanadaPost for taking too long with the mail, that just adds to the stress!

Come on UofT.....COME ON!

HEY GUY!!!! I JUST received my acceptance letter in the mail!!! It's a 11x17 envelope!! For those who has "decision made" as their status, I think you guys are IN! Just wait for the mail!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope to see all of you in September!!

HEY GUY!!!! I JUST received my acceptance letter in the mail!!! It's a 11x17 envelope!! For those who has "decision made" as their status, I think you guys are IN! Just wait for the mail!!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Hope to see all of you in September!!

Congratulations! That's great news! Definitely have reason to be more optimistic now

Just as a note for all of you, I applied to five U of T programs and was accepted to all of them a while ago, and four out of five of those applications STILL say "Under Review" on SGS. Only one department bothered to change it. So, don't lose hope!

Edited by lexipedia

Just as a not for all of you, I applied to five U of T programs and was accepted to all of them a while ago, and four out of five of those applications STILL say "Under Review" on SGS. Only one department bothered to change it. So, don't lose hope!

Do you mind telling me what programs you applied to? Just wondering if they are the same programs as the ones I applied to.

Do you mind telling me what programs you applied to? Just wondering if they are the same programs as the ones I applied to.

I applied to the MScPL, MPP, MA Political Science, MAPS collaborative and MGA. The MPP program is the only one that changed status - even a month after I was accepted to some of them.