Hello!

I applied to about five planning schools this year, in geographic tandem with my partner. In the end, I was only accepted at Columbia (with no funding), which I primarily applied to due to proximity to my partner's first choice. Before I make a final decision about attending Columbia, I was hoping to get a better idea of the program's focus. On paper it sounds really good but I was wondering how current and past students felt about the program? Do you feel like you got a good technical foundation? Did you have any qualms about the program's reputation when you went to apply for non-academic jobs? I am hoping to work in government or consulting, not really interested in an academic track. Thanks!

Hey, I was aslo offered the AD into the MSUP program with no funding, and I am quite interested to find some intern and job opportunity in NYC.. but the ranking of this program seems really low`` :(

Where did you find info about the ranking of Columbia's GSAPP being low? I attended the open house, was extremely impressed and am planning to enroll.

As far as I can tell, the architecture and MSRED programs seem to be highly respected/ranked but the planning program is more or less unmentioned in rankings (though at least in part because they don't respond to surveys). I've also had trouble finding much substantial discussion of the program elsewhere but, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the open house. What were your impressions of the program?