Middle Eastern Studies vs. Public Policy???

ADL

Hey so I have to choose between a degree in Middle Eastern Studies from Chicago University and a degree in Public Policy (focus on international relations) at the LBJ schoolat the University of Texas in Austin. I am inclined to go to Chicago University but I have a serious concern about being able to get a job with an area studies degree. Does anyone have any experience with getting a job with a Middle Eastern Studies Degree? Thanks!

Hey ADL,

I am not familiar with Middle Eastern Studies programs, but I do know you can get a dual MA/MPAff in Middle Eastern Studies and Public Policy at UT (so with LBJ and the college of Arts & Sciences I think.) I don't know too much about how this exact dual degree works, but I considered a dual masters in public affairs and Latin American Studies for a while. I also know you can apply for a dual degree within your first year at LBJ.

There's also the Harris School of Public Policy at Chicago, which is great too! Maybe you could also go for a dual degree there.

If two degrees isn't for you, I'm sure you can cross register in whichever discipline you don't pick.

Good luck!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use