UCLA COMPLIT

I got this nondescript email at like 1am, directing me to log-in to the "decision status" realm of the application website. Definitely felt like an impending no! I wasn't surprised about Berkeley either, I spoke to numerous faculty members on campus, and found that the Rhetoric dept. was so much more supportive about my application/potential--too bad their literary focus is lacking...

Hedgefunds, did you have to accept to find out about funding? I'm still waiting on other apps, and wasn't sure what the most appropriate next step was.

I got this nondescript email at like 1am, directing me to log-in to the "decision status" realm of the application website. Definitely felt like an impending no! I wasn't surprised about Berkeley either, I spoke to numerous faculty members on campus, and found that the Rhetoric dept. was so much more supportive about my application/potential--too bad their literary focus is lacking...

Hedgefunds, did you have to accept to find out about funding? I'm still waiting on other apps, and wasn't sure what the most appropriate next step was.

Haven't heard about funding yet - they told me that someone from the department will call with more info, and information about campus visits. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lot of places (I applied to 13...). Got pwned from Berkeley rhetoric - they said 230 apps for 8 spots. That was where I wanted to go. There are so many smart people teaching there.