Waitlisted for Funding

sociologo

I was accepted but waitlisted for funding at three different schools. I've largely been out of touch with them since hearing I was accepted without funding. A few back and forths with the program coordinators, but not for the last few weeks. Attending a program without funding is not really an option, and I said as much when emailing with the coordinators, even as much as I loved some of the programs.

As April 15 is coming closer, is it worth emailing the coordinators again to say that I am still interested in attending, should funding become available? I don't want it to sound tacky that I am so focused on the money aspect, but (for most people) it's a major deciding factor. I also don't want to sound desperate. I do have two funded offers, but for various reasons, the schools I'm waitlisted at are better fits. Will it be awkward to send the email since it's been a few weeks since I last contacted them?

I'm going to be emailing one department this week since I am waitlisted for a TAship. I need to know if there's any chance. If not, I will go with the fully funded offer. I don't think it's awkward at all. They must know that funding does play a vital role in decision making.

I'm waitlisted for funding at my top choice school also. I've already e-mailed the department to figure out what was going on with funding and I let them know that I'm very interested in the program. I plan on e-mailing or calling them later in the week to 1. figure out when the deadline to accept the offer is and 2. ask if I can remain on the waitlist for funding and get an extension on the acceptance in case declines come after the acceptance date.

I think it's a good idea to let them know you're still very interested in being on the waitlist.

Yes, I think I will send out an email tonight or tomorrow to express my continued interest in the program. I don't think they'll be able to give me any more information before the 15th, and I do have funded offers with that 15th deadline. Bleh.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use