Missing transcript -- differing responses

I made a really stupid mistake with all my applications -- I assumed that the transcript from the school I received my B.A. from included all the information (grades) about the credits I received at another college I attended first. It didnt; only the course names and total credits transferred were included. Anyway, I didn't request that the transcripts from the first college be sent. I didn't even realize this was a problem until a few weeks ago when I noticed one program's application web site noted my application was incomplete. I also have an M.A. and did send those transcripts. I called around and got a variety of responses:

1) Your application IS incomplete, and the department is already reading your application, but please send the transcript anyway. (2 programs)

2) We are missing that transcript, but your application has already been forwarded to the department and is being reviewed, so you're Okay -- don't bother. (1 program)

3) The whole process is already done. (2 programs) (To which I replied, but if you were missing a part you needed, would you have contacted me? Yes, they said)

4) Your application is A-Okay. (1 program)

What gives?

Some schools only require a transcript from your degree-granting institution, so that might have something to do with it. For instance, I studied abroad, and none of my schools required the actual transcript from that institution (although I sent it anyway. It couldn't hurt since I got better grades there than in the US). So that may be some of the reason.

Aha, thus the different responses per institution. I just really hope that my application simply wasn't read at any of these institutions because of the missing document. When I realized my error, I was so frustrated that nobody contacted me, that I'd spent so many hundreds of dollars and I had to do the investigative work myself to make sure my materials were in. Anyhoo, just waiting for the mailman, and trying to figure out a way to google whether or not I got in anywhere. :?