Maximum limit of holding NSERC PGS/CGS and PDF?

adijr

Hey all,

I know in many areas of the NSERC website, it reiterates a limit of 4 years of funding for graduate studies. My interpretation, then, is that this does not include PDF - in other words, one can hold 4 years of CGS/PGS, and then still apply/hold a PDF for 2 years after that? Am I understand this correctly?

Thanks!

At the same time I asked this forum, I also sent an email to NSERC. Here's my question:

"[...] is the maximum four years support limit that is referenced on the NSERC website only apply to graduate scholarships? In other words, can I hold four years of CGS (M+D) support, and still apply for a NSERC-PDF after my PhD?"

Their answer:

"The total NSERC scholarship support is limited to a maximum of four years full-time equivalence."

So this seem to imply that you Can't hold both CGS (4 years) and then PDF?

Edited by adijr

For anyone interested: I kept pushing on this with NSERC, and finally came to this conclusion:

Me: "[...] So assuming they are otherwise eligible, a person can potentially hold 6 years of NSERC funding - 4 years of CGS (M+D), 2 of PDF, correct?"

NSERC: "yes"