gotta make desicion on April 16, but columbia still haven't decided. Help.

jahoony

Omg. I'm in panic mode. I have been accepted several places but so far the top choice out of all the accepted is Upenn.

But I really want to go to columbia which is still no result, even thought April 16 is days left.

Masters in Construction Engineering And Management is what I have applied for columbia. I see some people in gradcafe result came out.

I don't know what to do because if I just accept upenn for now and change to columbia when their decision comes out, its going to look really bad.

I email them few days ago and all they say is high volume of application material so they dont have time to check, so I should check its status by logging into my online application.

I check online application everyday and it doesn't say accepted, rejected, nor wait listed. All I see next to submission status is "submitted".

I am not sure if its just me not looking at the right place on website but I'm so confused.

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

You should check to see what UPenn says about withdrawing from your commitment after April 16. Sometimes it's just a written release, in some cases you might have to actually still pay for a full year's worth of tuition and fees.

Yea thanks I sent email to every school asking questions. If I just accept Upenn on April 16 would that be it? everything done? or after I finish with it they will make me do more things like request finacial document or some additional document by April 16?

1. I am to make decision confirming entrance to the program by April 16, meaning I can make decision on Monday right before deadline? is it possible to make decision later than that?

A: It is possible to request an extension to reply to our offer of admissions. How long would you need an extension for?

2. If I were to withdrawing from my commitment after April 16. What are the penalties?

A: If you accepted our offer and then withdrew your decision, we would not refund your $500 deposit.

Ok. so what would be the ideal approach? Since columbia did not give me any type of decision, should I assume it is most likely reject?

If there is even slimmest possibility of me getting accepted, how long should I ask for extension?

Or would It be better to just accept it, given that columbia might not give result anytime soon, and I won't be able to ask for too long extension. Then just withdraw, lose 500$ if I get in to columbia by least likely chance for peace of mind?

1. I am to make decision confirming entrance to the program by April 16, meaning I can make decision on Monday right before deadline? is it possible to make decision later than that?

A: It is possible to request an extension to reply to our offer of admissions. How long would you need an extension for?

2. If I were to withdrawing from my commitment after April 16. What are the penalties?

A: If you accepted our offer and then withdrew your decision, we would not refund your $500 deposit.

Ok. so what would be the ideal approach? Since columbia did not give me any type of decision, should I assume it is most likely reject?

If there is even slimmest possibility of me getting accepted, how long should I ask for extension?

Or would It be better to just accept it, given that columbia might not give result anytime soon, and I won't be able to ask for too long extension. Then just withdraw, lose 500$ if I get in to columbia by least likely chance for peace of mind?

Did you try calling or emailing Columbia? I'd do that, as well as ask UPenn for a SHORT extension.

I've spoken with admissions people at several schools and it's really not a big deal to get an extension. I got two extra weeks from a couple schools because I am still waiting to hear about funding from my top choice. It's really nothing to worry about.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use