Not to be a cynic...

MDLee

I'm in the same boat, and have nothing to offer you in the way of comfort. I do have to say that every time I see any of your posts, I do a spit take on your program. It's definitely not something I'm expecting to see . . . ever.

Rutgers is frustrating me... get used to what's known as the "RU Screw."

If you end up there, celebrate with a 'boli and a beer at Stuff Yer Face.

Rutgers is frustrating me... get used to what's known as the "RU Screw."

It has a name at Rutgers, but I'm pretty sure the concept is alive and well at every institution that has ever existed. I bet occasionally Socrates would point at one of his wealthy young sycophants and say "sorry, you're not registered." "But it's three weeks in! I've been here every day!" "Leave. Leave now, or I'll subvert you to new gods!"

I'm in the same boat, and have nothing to offer you in the way of comfort. I do have to say that every time I see any of your posts, I do a spit take on your program. It's definitely not something I'm expecting to see . . . ever.

Yah. I applied to world history programs...European history programs...even the one comparative genocide program in the country.

I'm just not their cup of tea.

On the plus...I haven't heard from my top choice yet. There may still be hope?

Yah. I applied to world history programs...European history programs...even the one comparative genocide program in the country.

I'm just not their cup of tea.

On the plus...I haven't heard from my top choice yet. There may still be hope?

There's always hope. That's what's keeping me going. And if not, there's next year, with a firmed resolve and time to craft the ideal scholarly persona to present to these schools.

I've got a thing for history too. I almost double-majored in it, but while in undergrad they lowered the max units permitted before getting a degree and at the same time raised the number of units each course was worth, essentially ending the possibility of double-majoring (without explicitly codifying it). I was pissed, especially since I was about halfway through the UD history requirements.

I have a feeling I didn't get into grad school. My official GPA is only 3.2, looking over my essays all I could do was cringe. The only thing that's good are my recommendation letters...they were written by people who really want me to get in.

I just wish they'd hurry up and let everyone know the results already. Some of need to get on with our lives! ;_;

Sigh. Sorry for the pessimism but it's been a rather depressing sort of day.

I have a feeling I didn't get into grad school. My official GPA is only 3.2, looking over my essays all I could do was cringe. The only thing that's good are my recommendation letters...they were written by people who really want me to get in.

I just wish they'd hurry up and let everyone know the results already. Some of need to get on with our lives! ;_;

Sigh. Sorry for the pessimism but it's been a rather depressing sort of day.

We are allowed to be pessimistic sometimes. Just don't let it rule you. You've got to be optimistic. Life's got too many options to settle on this one :D