SAIS, Korbel, Syracuse, Fletcher

grad20121979

I got into SAIS, 9k from Fletcher, 12k from syracuse, and 18k from Korbel. I am interested in working abroad or with the govt upon graduation (human rights). A part of me thinks go with SAIS because of the contacts in DC-location, program ranking, etc. But I think it would be financially foolish to turn down 18k/year scholarship. I also think Syracuse is out because of its location and not as strong international program.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm in the 11th hour decision making....

I feel you! I am 90% ready to put down the SAIS deposit, but it's really hard to turn down SFS and 12K from Fletcher.

Talking with alumni has convinced me that I need to be in DC. Every time I hear alumni talk about about their experience at SFS or SAIS, they talk about DC, their internships, the contacts they made, etc. at least as much as they talk about the school itself (and it's not because SAIS and SFS aren't good schools). While I was in DC just for open houses, I learned so much about organizations and career paths in my field that I didn't know about before.

I think International Law and Organizations. It seems like that's where the human rights classes are. I'm interested in development but the IDEV concentration isn't open anymore. Pretty excited for moving and pre-term!

• 2 weeks later...