Opportunity?

collegebum1989

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in a non-thesis masters program (M.Eng) in BME, and thought about going into a PhD program in BME. Randomly during this year, and having things fall into place properly, I met a NAVY researcher who was trying to conduct a pilot study in a developing world with a professor in the US.

With a little bit of networking, I was able meet with the professor and asked him to support me for a fellowship application for funding. I found out recently that I got the fellowship and will have a chance to directly participate in the pilot study by conducting the research work abroad.

The NAVY researcher said that I would be able to turn my work for the fellowship into a PhD thesis with the professor's lab. The professor is from a very prestigious university. So is this too good to be true, or is it an opportunity in disguise to perhaps penetrate a top graduate program?

I don't want to be too optimistic, but it feels like this is too good to be true lol.