May Waitlist Support Group

To all those waiting into the month of May, here is our topic.

I'm still waiting on my #1 and could hear today or tomorrow as that is the deposit deadline. Please feel free to tell your stories!

I called NIU and they seemed surprise that there was no action on my file.. I am calling UIC and this will be the last time i call them. I feel i have gotten the run around a few times wit them and it isnt really worth it.

My bf is waiting on Georgia State Uni... their deadline was in mid-March but as of 1.5 weeks ago they still hadn't met to make decisions.... It's crazy but I am freaking out on HIS behalf!!

My bf is waiting on Georgia State Uni... their deadline was in mid-March but as of 1.5 weeks ago they still hadn't met to make decisions.... It's crazy but I am freaking out on HIS behalf!!

I feel like everything is moving slower down south. Haha

I feel like everything is moving slower down south. Haha

I hear that, haha! I'm waiting on a Southern school myself.

i m pretty sure i just got rejected.. UIC told me this

"Prettypuff1:

Hello, the committee decided to interview a last set of students before making the second round of offers. As a result they will be interviewing next week and then will meet to make decisions. I'm sorry but I have no other information to offer you at the moment."

i didnt get offered an interview so.. no offer for me.. oh well

Are you sure that group of students are waitlisters or could they possibly be from the general application pool still?

i kind of thought it meant they had invited a second pool for interviews. I know they have already considered one round of interviews and this is round 2 or 3... anyway it is kind of the confirmation i need that i should give up on staying in chicago. The other school i spoke with that said they would call me back today didn't It is difficult not to take it personally but it does kinda suck

Still haven't heard anything even though I emailed the coordinator a little more than 2 weeks ago. I am already in a program, but this one is my top choice. I'm holding out! I'm trying so hard not to email again haha.

Well a second program in limbo got back with me.. they said my " application fell through the cracks" and that they are currently reviewing it with other late applicants.. but i finished the application on time and their system confirms that... oh well

Well a second program in limbo got back with me.. they said my " application fell through the cracks" and that they are currently reviewing it with other late applicants.. but i finished the application on time and their system confirms that... oh well

That's absolutely ridiculous. X_X

I am starting to wonder if mine didn't "fall through the cracks" too. I applied back in February and already got accepted into 1 program a looong time ago now. I am still waiting to here from my first choice. They have never once contacted me about being wait listed, or anything for that matter. I tried emailing and calling them but the secretary said she couldnt give me anymore information! I am so confused as to why I have not heard anything yet. I am trying to plan financial aid and work and everything and its hard without hearing from every program. I think I may call again but I am worried I will just get the run around like last time. Any advice?

I am starting to wonder if mine didn't "fall through the cracks" too. I applied back in February and already got accepted into 1 program a looong time ago now. I am still waiting to here from my first choice. They have never once contacted me about being wait listed, or anything for that matter. I tried emailing and calling them but the secretary said she couldnt give me anymore information! I am so confused as to why I have not heard anything yet. I am trying to plan financial aid and work and everything and its hard without hearing from every program. I think I may call again but I am worried I will just get the run around like last time. Any advice?

I would call only if it has been a while since you last contacted them, whether it was through e-mail or phone. This is because you don't want to have the appearance of pestering them. If it's been more than, say two weeks, then I think it is fine. At the same time, it may be finals week or something over there, which would likely lead to further delays. I have noticed that practically everyone is running late in terms of finalizing the class lists, so they may be experiencing something similar for whatever reason.

Keep hanging in there! I finally got my first acceptance yesterday. Yes, I got an e-mail at 7:00am Sunday morning. Some programs are just taking their sweet time. But not all programs have spilled their slots yet. Still waiting on one school, but it much easier with an acceptance :)

Still waiting for Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program and UNSW. I think I have a very bad chance and it affects also other applicants applied to the same programs. Erasmus Mundus is late due to Eastern Holiday and other university has been making some changes on admission procedure.

Edited by baer

I am waitlisted and they told me to give them until early August before they can make their final decision, and then they expect me to move 7 hours away from home and somehow find an apartment and get funding before labour day. While I'd love to be accepted I also worry that it'll be extremely last minute and I won't be emotionally or financially prepared to move so far away. I just wanna knowwwww, nowwwww. The stress is driving me insane.

I am waitlisted and they told me to give them until early August before they can make their final decision, and then they expect me to move 7 hours away from home and somehow find an apartment and get funding before labour day. While I'd love to be accepted I also worry that it'll be extremely last minute and I won't be emotionally or financially prepared to move so far away. I just wanna knowwwww, nowwwww. The stress is driving me insane.

I feel your pain. I am sort of in the same boat, but have not even heard if I am on the waiting list. I would love to be accepted as well because I have been rejected from the other universities I have applied to. I also have to move (only 2.5 hours away) and find some place to live and funding if I am accepted. I really hope we both find out sooner! Good Luck. Lemasal!

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, I was just accepted off the wait list for a masters program that accepts about 20-25 people and has a wait list of 12! They seem to accept 1 in 3 applicants. Hope this gives others some hope who may be very late in the game. Let's hope a June Waitlist Support Group is not necessary. :)