Finding the right school

ikopas

Hello everyone. I just created my account since I figured that I can learn a lot from the experienced people on this forum. I have 2 majors- Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at NC State which, I believe, is a well ranked engineering school. In 2 years I will graduate after which I would like to do PhD. Now, since I am an international student I would really appreciate your opinions and advice about what school you think I have decent chances getting in.

This is what I have to offer:

1) by the time I graduate I should have a GPA of approximately 3.4(that's the plan, at least)

2) last summer I worked for Delta Power Electronics Laboratory. I was an intern in the lab and I worked 40hrs a week for 9 weeks

3) next summer I am debating whether I should try getting a job in some electrical engineering company or apply for some research. What do you think has a higher value when it comes to applying for grad school, internship in some company or doing a research?

4) I heard that some company value your athletic achievements. I have no idea if it can help me getting into grad school. This summer I will be competing at the Olympic Trials and, hopefully, make the Olympic team. I think this would be a good thing to put on my application for grad school. What do you think?

Also, can someone please tell me where I can find good rankings of grad schools for Electrical engineering? I saw that UsNews lets you see only top 10 schools and then you have to pay if you want to see the rest: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/electrical-engineering-rankings. Since I would like to end up in one of the top20 schools I would like to see the top20 rank list, if that is possible.

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it!