PR Programs

Hi all

I am currently a senior majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. I am real interested in attending a masters program in PR/IMC/Strategic Communications and have recently began looking into it. I'd be appreciative if anyone could offer me insights as to which are some of the best programs according to my interests. Also, a general idea of my competitiveness as an applicant would be appreciated. I have a GPA of about 3.4 and have not yet taken the GRE. I also have a relatively extensive amount of experience interning at a medium sized PR agency working directly with upper-management.

Here are some programs I'm interested in and would love some insights into such as general statistics of admitted applicants, value of degree to potential employers etc.:

Georgetown PR/Corporate

USC Strategic Communications

NYU Integrated Marketing

VCU Brandcenter

American PR

Virgina MS Commerce (Business Marketing)

Loyola Chicago IMC (Business)

Thank you.

Hey there,

Statistics on certain programs will most likely be available on websites from departments or via email.

I am not into PR, so I can't really tell you anything about the reputation of the programs but you haven't taken the GRE yet and you say that you are "real interested in attending a masters program in PR/IMC/Strategic Communications and have recently began looking into it." and that people here are supposed to give you an opinion on how your suggested programs fit your interests. Well, what are your interests?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I unfortunately can't comment on any of the programs you mentioned, but I do know that University of Iowa has a really good PhD program in PR. Because of that, maybe it's logical to assume their MA program is good too?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I graduated from Boston University's M.S. in PR, and I can attest to its quality and well, intensity. The decision also depends on what you want to do after graduating from a Master's. You want to go further with a PhD or get into industry?