Graduate director/professor to contact at HDS?

Paraclete

Hello everyone! Like most first-time posters, I've been watching the forum for a long time without joining the conversation. Since you guys have so much fantastic information, I thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone know of a professor who is the graudate director at the Harvard Divinity School? For example, at U of Chicago, I was able to find a professor who was the MA director to whom I could direct my questions. At HDS, I'm interested in the MTS with focus on Women, Gender, Sexuality, and Religion. If I don't want to only go through the admissions office but want to talk to a real professor, is there someone at HDS in that role?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ann Braude will probably be your best bet as Lux stated. She's not listed as the Director of the WGSR program but she is the Director of the Women's Studies in Religion Program (which is officially separate from the WGSR field as part of the MTS).

Odds are she's the person you need to speak with, if not she'll know who to put you in contact with.

hds is increasingly becoming the womens studies in religion program, unfortunately. I can't really think of any female professor that shouldnt be able to field those type of questions honestly. It really depends on the questions though, and since I don't know what they are, unless they are very brief or specific to a professors work I would suggest emailing the student contacts hds offers. they are probably the closest to an admission officer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone! I figured out that Dan McKanan is the director of the MTS degree and Janet Gyatso of the WGSR program. Janet has been great to email with, but, alas, I'm figuring too late that nobody is on campus in the summer.

11Q13: I read a post by you in one of the older threads about how a student coming out of HDS would have a better chance being a feminist or queer theologian than knowing anything about the Christian canon. It was a very interesting point and I'd love to talk to you more about it. While I didn't have as clear of an articulation of your point, some vague idea of it was why I'm leaning toward U of Chicago as my top choice. In any case, I can PM you if you're open to that. Also, since you're in Jewish Studies: I heard Prof. Schofer is leaving HDS! That's a shame... Hope he lands well after this!