Once you're on a waitlist...

milara

So, I consider the possibility of being waitlisted much more probable than the possibility of being accepted.

And I was wondering, do schools ever ask for you to submit updated or supplementary information once you're waitlisted? Such as an up-to-date transcript with last term's grades? Or if you have a new portfolio, or a recently published paper?

Just curious...

I am the lucky one - in a complete limbo meaning waitlisted. The school only wanted me to write them an e-mail stating my interest in being on the waitlist. However, they have not asked for any additional information, and now I am thinking I should probably e-mail the professor whom I had my interview with and show more enthusiasm. Or should I just wait and let it happen naturally (may never happen :o )?

I am the lucky one - in a complete limbo meaning waitlisted. The school only wanted me to write them an e-mail stating my interest in being on the waitlist. However, they have not asked for any additional information, and now I am thinking I should probably e-mail the professor whom I had my interview with and show more enthusiasm. Or should I just wait and let it happen naturally (may never happen :o )?

Not sure how valid my advice is here, but if I was waitlisted I would be writing an e-mail to the professor I interviewed with very quickly, if only to say hi and mention "hey so I'm waitlisted, lemme know if there's any information I can provide to help out. :)"

Or something equally polite yet pushy. :)

If I were you nullsymbol, I'd be on the next flight to that school... I think it demonstrates to them your level of interest and, since you say you interview well, will give them a positive impression. I think it may make a big difference.

Actually that was cooperphd you were responding to. :)