Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update again: China notification expected by the end of this week "hopefully," or early next week at the latest.

Good luck to all who are juggling grad applications.

I wonder if they treat Hong Kong and China the same in terms of notifications. Oh well. I hope everyone's anxiety level is doing better than mine.

This may be a funny question, I know, but this has been an anxiety-ridden process for us all, it seems. Music has been a great comfort for me and I was wondering if you all had any special "anthems" that have helped you through his time.

I would say Ryan Adams' "Let It Ride" is at the top of my playlist at the moment.

This may be a funny question, I know, but this has been an anxiety-ridden process for us all it seems. Music has been a great comfort for me and I was wondering if you all had any special "anthems" that have helped you through his time.

I would say Ryan Adams' "Let It Ride" is at the top of my playlist at the moment.

Movie scores are great for soothing music, or Enya. She's pretty dope too. If I listen to rap, hip hop, or rock, I'm seconds from breaking something so drinking tea and listening to instrumentals have worked for me.

Update on medical stuff:

I emailed Charles Restrepo because the lab results for tests I needed to redo (I can't believe September is too old!!!) won't be in until next week. He said that the slight delay isn't a problem and that, while they'd like the medical info asap, the order in which they receive the forms from people has no bearing on placement. So, better to take your time and make sure everything you hand in is complete than to fret about their ridiculous deadlines and rush things.

Regarding notifications for China, I assume many if not all of the China Fulbright Finalists recieved the emails last week about host instituions and "incomplete" CSC forms. I called IIE's New York office just to get clarification. Jonathan told me that they recieved a lot of "incomplete" CSC applications and that this is complicating the process. He told me that anyone who did not send in a letter of support from their host University has until atleast April 27th to get it in. So I do not know what that means? Does that mean they will not have decisions till then? With so many "incomplete" CSC forms how can they really make decisions about who recieves a Fulbright? Does anyone have any more information on this matter? Overall, this has been a way too long and way too complicated application process.

I am seriously losing my patience...I am tired of calling Fulbright and recieving the same reply "it should come in two weeks" Seriously at this point if the U.S and the Host country have made their decisions, they should be able to tell you if you made the cut or not. However, they always give the excuse that they are waiting for funding information. Honestly, at this time, I'd rather be told I didnt get it than to wait a couple of more weeks. My life is literally on hold because of this, because many jobs that I have applied to have a one year commitment. In other words, I have been out of a job for three months waiting for fulbright and it just isnt fair. I realize that it's prestigious, but come on! I'll take the train to their offices and help them mail stuff out and the best part is that I'll do it for free!!!!!!!!

I am seriously losing my patience...I am tired of calling Fulbright and recieving the same reply "it should come in two weeks" Seriously at this point if the U.S and the Host country have made their decisions, they should be able to tell you if you made the cut or not. However, they always give the excuse that they are waiting for funding information. Honestly, at this time, I'd rather be told I didnt get it than to wait a couple of more weeks. My life is literally on hold because of this, because many jobs that I have applied to have a one year commitment. In other words, I have been out of a job for three months waiting for fulbright and it just isnt fair. I realize that it's prestigious, but come on! I'll take the train to their offices and help them mail stuff out and the best part is that I'll do it for free!!!!!!!!

You should go and volunteer, we could use someone on the "inside." Netherlands anyone?

Hey there China contestants. I also spoke with Jonathan (who was approachable and understanding) and it's the FSB confirmations that are holding up the process, not the CSC forms (though perhaps they are somewhat connected). The IIE folks are trying to get final determinations by the end of this week, but don't have much control over their timeline. Incidentally, letters will be mailed to our Current Address, not Permanent. I agree that this process has been almost unbearable -- I just want to get on with my life!

Regarding notifications for China, I assume many if not all of the China Fulbright Finalists recieved the emails last week about host instituions and "incomplete" CSC forms. I called IIE's New York office just to get clarification. Jonathan told me that they recieved a lot of "incomplete" CSC applications and that this is complicating the process. He told me that anyone who did not send in a letter of support from their host University has until atleast April 27th to get it in. So I do not know what that means? Does that mean they will not have decisions till then? With so many "incomplete" CSC forms how can they really make decisions about who recieves a Fulbright? Does anyone have any more information on this matter? Overall, this has been a way too long and way too complicated application process.

I just received an acceptance letter for a Fulbright Research Grant to Nepal today! Postmarked 4/9.

So much for the two week wait!

Congratulations!!! This is the first news I've heard about for South Asia. I wonder what this mean for other South Asian countries. My anxiety just sky-rocketed. Amyleigh- what state do you live in?

Congratulations!!! This is the first news I've heard about for South Asia. I wonder what this mean for other South Asian countries. My anxiety just sky-rocketed. Amyleigh- what state do you live in?

OMG! South Asian news - im dying!!

so I finally called IIE today out of desperation, if anyone else is waiting on France (possibly western europe? not sure) they are supposed to send out the responses this Wednesday or next, depending on approval from the foreign scholarship board. They were actually really nice and answered their phones right away.

so I finally called IIE today out of desperation, if anyone else is waiting on France (possibly western europe? not sure) they are supposed to send out the responses this Wednesday or next, depending on approval from the foreign scholarship board. They were actually really nice and answered their phones right away.

Yea, I feel like they've been much nicer now than a couple weeks ago. I think they understand how anxious we must be. Maybe they got an office wide memo requiring them to be more patient with us.

Sigh...I may die of an anxiety attack.

Yea, I feel like they've been much nicer now than a couple weeks ago. I think they understand how anxious we must be. Maybe they got an office wide memo requiring them to be more patient with us.

Sigh...I may die of an anxiety attack.

may we all relaxxxxx..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnVdMpgQOk