Fulbright 2009-2010

water_rabbit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is someone gonna call Jonathan Akeley about HK ETA notification today? Regarding when he thinks our letters will be sent out? If possible, I think we should limit ourselves to one call a day between those of us here on this message board. I'm on the West Coast, so I'm a few hours behind the rest of you - anyone on the East Coast want to give it a shot?

Unfortunately, homeboy and his secretary will probably recognize my voice. Anyone else want to take a shot?

I will call if you guys want, he hasn't heard my voice yet. Just give me his name and number and what is it that you want me to ask.

Thank you so much! His name is Jonathan Akeley and his number is (212) 984-5487. Can you ask if the Hong Kong ETA notifications have been sent out yet. If not, when they will be. Thank you!

[Edited at 10:56 AM]

I called again and his rude secretatry picked up because he wasn't there today. I asked her when she expects them to mail out HK and she said not yet..and then she said she can't say because johnathan was there...I tried to get it out of her but she wouldn't even give me her own guess...ill try again 2morrow

Can u call rachel holskin..she's the program manager for Europe and her number is on the fulbright site. I just canlt access it because im on my sidekick. Ask her if they will mail out deisions for albania this week. Please, and I promise ill call johnathan aekely again or for anyone else who need me to call

I thought I already posted this, but I don't see it on the board (sorry if I'm just missing it):

I got good news today from China. (I'm on the east coast. Upstate NY - Rochester). The manila envelope was smaller than I expected, but still a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I'm just waiting to hear about the CLEA for China. I hope everyone else gets good news soon. Is anyone else waiting for a CLEA for China?

I thought I already posted this, but I don't see it on the board (sorry if I'm just missing it):

I got good news today from China. (I'm on the east coast. Upstate NY - Rochester). The manila envelope was smaller than I expected, but still a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I'm just waiting to hear about the CLEA for China. I hope everyone else gets good news soon. Is anyone else waiting for a CLEA for China?

Congrats! I hope I hear (good news) today. My permanent address is in NC. It's supposed to arrive today (according to shipping calculations), but it's a bit further than upstate NY. I also applied for a CLEA, btw.

Now I'm really nervous. Was your letter sent on Friday? And was it from IIE NY or Beijing?

I received a letter from IIE notifying me that I am an alternate for a full research grant to Sweden.

I visited my Fulbright adviser (UCSB) today and she informed me that campus advisers will receive a full list on May 1st & June 1st regarding alternates that have moved up to principal candidates, although I am sure those alternates will have been told before that time.

So for all research alternates, we can basically give up hope after June 1st. Until then, keep your spirits up and hope for the best. I just started watching The Wire in my free time and it has been a most intriguing diversion.

This is a medical clearance question for those who have been accepted (specifically if anyone has accompanying dependents). They only sent one form and the letter doesn't seem to ask for a form for dependents, but the instructions to physicians say something about evaluating the health of accompanying dependents... So, I'm understandably confused. Does anyone know if accompanying dependents need their own medical clearance?

I emailed the folks at IIE, but I figured I'd ask y'all, too.

(My husband, who has his own income so is not a dependent, and my infant son, who *is* a dependent, are coming along)

I just called Charles Restrepo's office about Sri Lanka. They said that they mailed out the letters on Friday of last week. When I called last week, they told me that they would 100% send it out on Wednesday. I'm not sure why they waited until Friday. I can't really complain because at least they've been sent out, but if I had known that they were sent out on Friday, I wouldn't have checked the mailbox 6 times on Saturday. Grrrr...more waiting, more waiting.

Damn, when should they arrive you think? I am replying to your email later tonight, work has been a terror - last two weeks of undergrad for me.

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, I finally got my manila envelope. I'm going to Sri Lanka!!! After constant phone calls to IIE, incessantly checking this forum 24/7, and living in complete anxiety of the past month and a half, I'm glad the end has FINALLY come. I've been fantasizing about this moment for so long.....I'm truly grateful.

Details about the mail. As someone mentioned before, the manila envelope was surprisingly small. It was postmarked April 16th (a Thursday). When I called the Fulbright office last week, they said it would be mailed on Wednesday. When I called the Fulbright office this morning, they sent it was sent out on Friday. I guess it was neither. The envelope contains a letter congratulating you and talking about how the Fulbright is amazing and you should be proud. Another letter explaining the medical clearance and they're not responsible for costs. Another letter about how graduating seniors must send them a final transcript so they know you have a bachelors at least. Lastly, the actual medical form which is 4 pages long.

To all those still waiting to hear from the Fulbright, either for the first time or as an alternate, I wish you all the luck in the world. If all else fails, you can come visit me in Sri Lanka :D