Top Canadian MPH Programs

foodie2008

Hey you guys! I just wanted to know what your opinions were on Univ of Alberta's MPH program. I am a Canadian citizen raised in the US and just graduated university there as well. I would like to get an MPH in Canada since it is much much cheaper. The only school that has my program ( Health Policy and Management) and has CEPH accreditation (it is in the process right now) is U of A so that is really the only school I am looking into. I would like the possibility of working in the US too so that is why the CEPH accreditation is important to me. The MPH at Simon Fraser and U of Montreal are accredited too, but they do not offer the degree I am looking for. So what do people generally think of U of A's program? How about living in Edmonton? I have lived in the US for so long, I really do not know much about the Canadian schools. What are your opinions on Canada's best schools with the best reputation?

Thanks guys!

Hey everyone, need some advice. I am a medical graduate from Uganda who is looking for competitive Canadian MPH programmes. I have limited knowledge about canadian education system but Intend to apply for graduate school in the coming fall. I will appreciate any advice about this. Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...

I

Hey everyone, need some advice. I am a medical graduate from Uganda who is looking for competitive Canadian MPH programmes. I have limited knowledge about canadian education system but Intend to apply for graduate school in the coming fall. I will appreciate any advice about this. Thanks guys.

I'm starting a more specialized program that's an offshoot of the MPH this September, so I can't give you exact details about an MPH, but as someone who will be starting a similar degree, here are my 10 cents.. I think your decision needs to take into consideration the nature of the MPH program. If there's a practicum aspect or a chance to do research/internships, you should consider schools that are in cities with lots of healthcare opportunities...Toronto is one that I can put out there. Also, I think you should do a little research on the strength of the faculty at different schools. A good place to start (albeit with a lot of discretion) is http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2011/10/26/macleans-2011-university-rankings-2/ - looking at the medical/doctoral category. The rankings aren't a true reflection of the strength of particular schools, but a lot of future employers, who aren't familiar with the strength of particular programs are often swayed by 'names'.

• 5 months later...

i am a dental graduate from india...what are the job prospects and the best universities to go about for MPH in Canada?