GRE and TOEFL dates for FALL 2013

guesswhat

I have booked GRE on OCT 8th 2012 and thinking of booking TOEFL on OCT 21st 2012.Is this date fine for FALL 2013 admissions or will it be too late?. As some of the universities application deadlines are NOV 30th 2012.Please guide me on this.

Edited by guesswhat

I would take the tests sooner than that for a November 30th deadline. It can take several weeks to 2 months for the testing services to score and process tests, especially when there's a writing component.

You're certainly fine for the GRE; at most, the results will take two weeks to get to the schools to which you've applied. I'm not sure about the TOEFL timeline. The issue is that in both cases if you're not pleased with the results you aren't leaving time to retake either test.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm - I had a similar question - I am going to be applying for Fall 2013 admission and plan to sit the GRE this fall... I was aiming for October but it seems like November 3rd might be the best choice (I have a few days off from school preceding that date)... but if OP's date is pushing it, maybe November 3rd is a little too late as well?

check the ETS website, or call them. If I remember correctly the TOEFL takes ages to be corrected and you do not get preliminary scores when you finish.Some schools are ok with scores arriving somewhat later than the application deadline though if you write your testdate in and you have all the other material sent there in time.