Accepted yet Undecided

Vivazeta

I figured this would be the best place to post this. Please let me know if this is not the case. I have been admitted into George Washington University's Global Health Program as well as Columbia's Accelerated MPH. From what I have been told the GWU program has a very well connected faculty and (since my interest is in Global Health Policy) Washington, DC would be an ideal location to study. That being said, I have also been told that the Columbia name would make me more marketable when the time comes to apply for work. Does anyone have any insight into this? I have managed to defer both schools until Fall 2013 giving me a bit more time to decide. I have thus far visited GWU (Really enjoyed DC) and plan on taking a trip to NYC to see Columbia in the near future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry about the marketing appeal of your degree. Both schools are great. Your work and networking connections are what will truly make your career. If you want to work in D.C., it makes a lot of sense to go to GWU. Get some good work experience there on your resume and you should be set. Since you know that you enjoy DC, it would be a no-brainer for me.