FQRSC 2012 second offers?

ducon_lajoie

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody had any sort of input regarding any expectations one might have regarding the second offers from the FQRSC for applications filed in 2011 for the B2 bursaries. They made their first offer a while back and looking at the previous years announcements I would have expected second offers to happen around mid to end of June but nothing yet.

Any ideas as to whether it's going to happen at all or the student strike made them so mad they decided not to make any second offers ;) ? It's a bit unnerving for the people who have been wait listed...

Thanks for any info. I'd like to now whether I have to work on a new application or not :(.

All the best

Ducon

I emailed them two weeks ago and they said they would make an announcement within the next few weeks, either late June or early July. Should be ANY day now.... hopefully!

I emailed them two weeks ago and they said they would make an announcement within the next few weeks, either late June or early July. Should be ANY day now.... hopefully!

Here is what they said :

Comme vous le savez, le Fonds prévoit faire une 2e offre de bourses dans les prochaines semaines, probablement fin juin ou début juillet. Mais je ne peux malheureusement pas vous communiquer une date exacte de l'annonce. Sachez toutefois que si votre candidature est retenue pour une offre de bourses, vous en serez informée par courriel.

Maybe you could send an email to them to see if anything has changed.

This is the email address:

boursesd.sc@frq.gouv.qc.ca

Hi there,

I emailed them today in the end (couldn't wait...). Here's what I got as a reply, it's much less exciting than the one you got :)

Les détails concernant la possibilité d'offres subséquentes ne sont jamais connus à l'avance. S'il advenait que le Fonds puisse bonifier l'offre de 2012-2013, une annonce en serait faite sur le la page d'accueil de internet. Nous vous recommandons de le consulter régulièrement afin d'en être informé

Here's to hoping there's an offer made soon!

After an answer like that, I'm starting to wonder too... It's pretty late for a second offer compared to previous years (some had a second offer in mid-june and by now had a third one on the way). The other possibility is that there will only be a second offer and nothing else. I mean it's going to be mid-July by the end of the week already.

Or perhaps the lady was upset because they get a lot of these requests or she was told not to give details (which technically is what they're supposed to do I think)... Either way we can only wait and hope for now. It's just unnerving because I need to know pretty soon whether I need to prepare a new application or not :(

Same.. and my boss wants to know so we can discuss a new contract.. or if he needs to find a new employee...

I think you are right.. there will be a second round but no third round... because the lady who responded to me, Maria Neagu, did confirm a second round..

Was she the same person who emailed you?

I am 1st on the waitlist for my committee so this is especially nerve-racking...

I had an answer from a woman named Sarah. I would think the emails are just assigned to a pool of people to transfer/answer or that there are changes with the summer vacation. I am also first on my committee so I am very nervous too. If there's a second round and I don't make it, I know for a fact that my chances of getting a third round will be very low and will work on a new application for next year.

All the best to both of us then! :D

This was posted on the FQRSC site/Twitter early this AM.

"Étude offre fédérale complétée. Prochaine offre de bourses présentée mardi prochain, surveillez annonce surhttp://www.frqsc.gouv.qc.ca "

Their tweet was in response to the following: "@FRQSC Pourquoi les résultats de deuxième ronde des bourses doctorales ne sont pas sortis à date?"

tHEIOR

Yep, just received the email :)

Looks like we need to formally accept the bursary first and then we'll have to wait until they approve the amounts etc. If you have any student loans with Quebec, the info they ask for isn't much compared to it ;)

Edited by ducon_lajoie

Yep, just received the email :)

Looks like we need to formally accept the bursary first and then we'll have to wait until they approve the amounts etc. If you have any student loans with Quebec, the info they ask for isn't much compared to it ;)

You're right.. lol SPEAKING OF WHICH.. I need to apply for my student loands...