Jump to content

US citizen studying abroad eligibility for NIH or NSF predoctoral fellowship


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am a US citizen doing my PhD abroad and I am wondering if any one knows whether the NSF or the NIH provide predoctoral fellowships to US citizens doing their PhDs outside the US. My field of study allows me to apply for either NSF or NIH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You cannot get an NSF fellowship to do research outside the U.S.

"The following categories are not eligible for the 2012 GRFP:

  • Those who will not be enrolled in an eligible graduate program at an accredited US institution by Fall 2012"

I'm not sure about the NIH, but I assume it would be similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use